Serving on a Visiting Committee
The Accrediting Commission for Schools, Western Association of Schools and Colleges (ACS WASC) invites you to serve on an accreditation visiting committee. Serving on an ACS WASC team is one of the most valuable professional development experiences for an educator.
Read the Serving on an ACS WASC Visiting Committee handout for additional information.
Why serve on an ACS WASC visiting committee?
- Learn about strategies, approaches, and practices
- Observe research and programs in action
- Develop and cultivate new professional relationships
- Work together for high achievement of all learners
- Demonstrate one’s professional commitment to quality education
- Provide insights and reflections as a fellow educator
- Give back to the educational community.
Note: Visiting committee members must be, or have previously been, affiliated with an ACS WASC-accredited school (or a school in candidacy status) in order to be eligible to participate on accreditation visits.