ACS WASC/NLSA Visiting Committee Materials
National Lutheran School Accreditation (NLSA)
One of the important responsibilities of the ACS WASC member is to assist in the team’s understanding of whether or not the school is effectively addressing the ACS WASC criteria. ACS WASC members work with the rest of the visiting committee in determining the status recommendation, which is then submitted with necessary supporting documentation to both the ACS WASC Commission and NLSA’s Commission for final action regarding joint accreditation status. Please see the attached memo for additional information on the role of the ACS WASC-Appointed Visiting Committee Member.
The material below are for self-study visits, visit the Other Visits – Visiting Committee Materials page for other types of visits.
Visiting Committee Chair and Member Checklists
- Visiting Committee Chair Expectations
- Visiting Committee Chair Checklist
- Visiting Committee Member Checklist
Visiting Committee Templates
- Previsit Letter to Members: Initial Contact Letter Template
- Previsit Letter to Members: Confirmation Letter Template
- Previsit Preparation Worksheet Template
- ACS WASC/NLSA Sample Schedule Template
- ACS WASC Accreditation Status Recommendation (Ballot): The preprinted ballot is only available from the ACS WASC Office and is included with the chair materials. Don’t forget to bring it to the visit to obtain the necessary signatures from your team.
- ACS WASC/NLSA FOL Self-Study Documentation and Justification Statement Template
- ACS WASC/NLSA FOL Self-Study Visiting Committee Report Template
- ACS WASC/NLSA Visiting Committee Final Presentation Template (PowerPoint file)
- Evaluation forms are now emailed to principals, chairs, and members.
References and Samples
- ACS WASC Accreditation Status Explanation
- ACS WASC/NLSA Accreditation Status Worksheet
- Accreditation Visit Information
- Reference Card 1: ACS WASC/NLSA Procedures/Responsibilities of Visiting Committee Members
- Reference Card 2: ACS WASC/NLSA Tips: Gathering, Reviewing, Analyzing Data/Information
- Reference Card 3: ACS WASC/NLSA Schoolwide Criteria
- Reference Card 4: ACS WASC/NLSA Visiting Committee Report Format
- Reference Card 5: ACS WASC/NLSA Accreditation Status Determination
- Reference Card 6: ACS WASC/NLSA Criteria Concepts
ACS WASC members for NLSA visits are asked to attend an ACS WASC member training workshop prior to the visit.