ACS WASC/HAIS Visiting Committee Materials
Hawaii Association of Independent Schools (HAIS)
Typically, one or two ACS WASC members serve on joint HAIS (www.hais.org) Visiting Committees. ACS WASC members serve as integral members of the visiting committee and work collaboratively with ACTS to evaluate the school utilizing both ACS WASC criteria and the HAIS standards.
One of the important responsibilities of the ACS WASC member is to assist in the team’s understanding of whether or not the school is effectively addressing ACS WASC criteria. ACS WASC members work with the rest of the visiting committee in determining the accreditation status recommendation, which is then submitted with necessary supporting documentation to both the ACS WASC and HAIS Commissions for final action regarding joint accreditation status. Please see the attached memo for additional information on the role of the ACS WASC-Appointed Visiting Committee Member.
The material below are for self-study visits, visit the Other Visits Visiting Committee Materials page for other types of visits.
- Reference Card 1: Procedures/Responsibilities of Visiting Committee Members
- Reference Card 2: Tips: Gathering, Reviewing, Analyzing Data/Information
- Reference Card 3: ACS WASC Focus on Learning Schoolwide Criteria
- Reference Card 4: ACS WASC/HAIS Accreditation Status Determination
- Reference Card 5: Sample Quality Commendation and Recommendations
- Reference Card 6: Tips: Commendations and Recommendations