ACS WASC/CAIS Visiting Committee Materials
California Association of Independent Schools (CAIS)
Typically, one or two ACS WASC members serve on joint CAIS (www.caisca.org) visiting committees. ACS WASC members serve as integral members of the visiting committee and work collaboratively with CAIS to evaluate the school utilizing both ACS WASC criteria and the CAIS standards.
One of the important responsibilities of the ACS WASC member is to assist in the team’s understanding of whether or not the school is effectively addressing ACS WASC criteria. ACS WASC members work with the rest of the visiting committee in determining the accreditation status recommendation, which is then submitted with necessary supporting documentation to both the ACS WASC and CAIS Commissions for final action regarding joint accreditation status. Please see the attached memo for additional information on the role of the ACS WASC-Appointed Visiting Committee Member.
Visiting Committee resources can be found on the CAIS website.
- Reference Card 1: ACS WASC/CAIS Procedures/Responsibilities of Visiting Committee Members
- Reference Card 2: Tips: Gathering, Reviewing, Analyzing Data/Information
- Reference Card 3: ACS WASC Focus on Learning Schoolwide Criteria
- Reference Card 4: ACS WASC/CAIS Visiting Committee Report Format
- Reference Card 5: ACS WASC/CAIS Accreditation Status Determination
- Reference Card 6: Sample Quality Commendations and Recommendations
- Reference Card 7: Tips: Commendations and Recommendations
- Reference Card 8: CAIS Standards Alignment with ACS WASC Criteria
ACS WASC members for CAIS visits are asked to attend CAIS member training workshop prior to the visit.