ACS WASC Probationary Visits
A probationary visit is a two-day* visit by a two- to five-member committee. The visiting committee completes a visiting committee report and a confidential accreditation status recommendation with a justification statement.
Accreditation status recommendation options available to the visiting committee will depend on the accreditation status the school was granted as a result of their last visit and where the school is in the ACS WASC accreditation cycle.
Status options are as follows:
- Probation removed and accreditation status restored; a two-day mid-cycle visit* or other visit may be required in one year
- Continued probationary accreditation granted for one additional year with a two-day* probationary visit required in one year
- Accreditation status withheld.
Reservations and payment for lodging should be made by the visiting committee members. Visiting committee expenses are submitted to the ACS WASC office for reimbursement.
Procedures and Visiting Committee Templates
NOTE: There are separate procedures and templates for probationary visits to California and Hawaii public schools, please choose the correct materials below.
Click here for information on how to use Google Docs (Drive).
- Probationary Visit Sample Schedule Template (Word doc)
- Justification Statement Template
NOTE: The Summary Statement must be submitted along with the signed Accreditation Status Recommendation form; please contact the ACS WASC Office if you need a copy of this form
- ACS WASC Expense Reimbursement Form
- ACS WASC Anti-Discrimination Policies and Procedures and Whistleblower Protection Policy
- Probationary Visit Training: RECORDING and PRESENTATION
*Visiting committees meet the afternoon preceding the first day of the visit.