ACS WASC Probationary Visits
NOTE: Until further notice, probationary visits for the 2020-21 school year will be held virtually. Please see virtual visit information below.
A probationary visit is a two-day* visit by a two- to five-member committee. The visiting committee completes a visiting committee report and a confidential accreditation status recommendation with a justification statement.
Accreditation status recommendation options available to the visiting committee will depend on the accreditation status the school was granted as a result of their last visit and where the school is in the accreditation cycle.
Status options are as follows:
- Probation removed and accreditation status restored; a two-day mid-cycle visit* or other visit may be required in one year
- Continued probationary accreditation granted for one additional year with a two-day* probationary visit required in one year
- Accreditation status withheld.
Reservations and payment for lodging should be made by the visiting committee members. Visiting committee expenses are submitted to the ACS WASC office for reimbursement.
Procedures and Visiting Committee Templates
NEW Virtual Visit Information and Template for the 2020-21 School Year
Probationary Virtual Visit Guidelines
Probationary Chair Expectations
Visiting Committee Summary Probationary Visit Visiting Committee Report Template: Word Doc
NOTE: There are separate procedures and templates for probationary visits to California and Hawaii public schools, please choose the correct materials below.
Click here for information on how to use Google Docs (Drive).
- Probationary Virtual Visit Guidelines
- Probationary Visit Sample Schedule Template (Word doc)
- ACS WASC Expense Reimbursement Form
- Probationary Visiting Committee Training for Fall 2020 Visits: RECORDING and PRESENTATION
- ACS WASC Anti-Discrimination Policies and Procedures and Whistleblower Protection Policy