ACS WASC Probationary Visits
A probationary visit is a two-day* visit by a two- to five-member committee. The visiting committee completes a visiting committee report and a confidential accreditation status recommendation with a justification statement.
Accreditation status recommendation options available to the visiting committee will depend on the accreditation status the school was granted as a result of their last visit and where the school is in the ACS WASC accreditation cycle.
Status options are as follows:
- Probation removed and accreditation status restored; a two-day mid-cycle visit* or other visit may be required in one year
- Continued probationary accreditation granted for one additional year with a two-day* probationary visit required in one year
- Accreditation status withheld.
Reservations and payment for lodging should be made by the visiting committee members. Visiting committee expenses are submitted to the ACS WASC office for reimbursement.
- ACS WASC Probationary Procedures
- Probationary Visit Sample Schedule Template (Word doc)
- Justification Statement Template
NOTE: The Summary Statement must be submitted along with the signed Accreditation Status Recommendation form; please contact the ACS WASC Office if you need a copy of this form.
- Probationary Visiting Committee Report Template | Google Drive (Docs) Template
NOTE: In order to use Google Drive template, you should make a copy of it in your Google Drive. The file can then be renamed and shared with your team. Click here for detailed information about using Google Drive templates
- ACS WASC Expense Reimbursement Form
- ACS WASC Anti-Discrimination Policies and Procedures and Whistleblower Protection Policy
- Probationary Visit Training: RECORDING and PRESENTATION
*Visiting committees meet the afternoon preceding the first day of the visit.