ACS WASC Mid-Cycle Visits
Schools that receive a status of accreditation with a required one- or two-day visit host the mid-cycle visit during the third year of the six-year cycle. The visiting committee writes a visiting committee report and completes a confidential summary statement.
As a result of this visit, the six-year status of accreditation (1) may be reaffirmed; (2) may be reaffirmed and a special follow-up progress report and/or visit may be required in one year; (3) probationary accreditation with an in-depth progress report and two-day visit in one year may be granted; or (4) accreditation status may be withheld.
Reservations and payment for lodging should be made by the visiting committee members. Visiting committee expenses are submitted to the ACS WASC office for reimbursement.
Procedures and Visiting Committee Templates
NOTE: There are separate procedures and templates for mid-cycle visits to California and Hawaii public schools, please choose the correct materials below.
International mid-cycle visit materials can be found on the International Schools page.
Click here for information on how to use Google Docs (Drive).
- Summary Statement Template (Word doc) Note: The Summary Statement must be submitted along with the signed Accreditation Recommendation form; please contact the ACS WASC Office if you need a copy of this form.
- ACS WASC Expense Reimbursement Form
- ACS WASC Anti-Discrimination Policies and Procedures and Whistleblower Protection Policy
- Mid-cycle Training: RECORDING and PRESENTATION
- Hawaii HIDOE Mid-cycle Training: RECORDING and PRESENTATION