ACS WASC accreditation is an ongoing six-year cycle of quality whereby schools demonstrate the capacity, commitment, and competence to support high-quality student learning and ongoing school improvement.
The ACS WASC Focus on Learning protocol guides schools into an ongoing improvement process that includes implementation, assessment, and refinement of the schoolwide action plan on an annual basis. Appropriate reports and reviews throughout the six-year cycle of accreditation support this process.
- ACS WASC School Coordinator Self-Study Checklists
- Suggested Laboratory Science Safety Expectations
- ACS WASC Self-Study School Report Layout
- ACS WASC Sample Evidence Forms: Word Doc File
Each category of Chapter IV is also available as a separate Word or Google Docs template.
Category A: Word Doc Template | Google Drive (Docs) Template
Category B: Word Doc Template| Google Drive (Docs) Template
Category C: Word Doc Template | Google Drive (Docs) Template
Category D: Word Doc Template | Google Drive (Docs) Template
Follow-up: Ongoing Accreditation Process
- ACS WASC Accreditation Process: Post-Visit Checklist and Ongoing Improvement
NEW ACS WASC POLICY: Revised action plans are to be submitted to ACS WASC no later than six-weeks following the visit.
- Annual Follow-up for Schools: Training Recording | Training Presentation
Other Visit and Report Materials
Private schools follow the same procedures, dependent upon the accreditation that they have received. Appropriate information can be found in the following documents.
- Mid-cycle One-Day Visit: Procedures | School Progress Report Template
- Mid-cycle Two-Day Visit: Procedures | School Progress Report Template
- Probationary Visit: Procedures| School Progress Report Template
- Progress Report: Procedures | School Progress Report Template
- Special Progress Visit: Procedures | School Progress Report Template
- Special Visit: Procedures | School Progress Report Template
- Substantive Changes: Procedures | ACS WASC Substantive Change Explanation Form
- Third-Year Progress Report (On-site visit not required): Procedures | School Progress Report Template