This page features the protocols and processes that define our work with postsecondary schools that are affiliated with ACS WASC. The information listed below should be helpful as schools seek ways to improve the quality of the educational programs they offer to their students. The ACS WASC self-study process is a powerful tool for schools to use as they endeavor to serve students and staff more effectively.
ACS WASC is pleased to partner with the Council on Occupational Education (COE) for postsecondary schools that either currently receive or plan to receive Title IV funds from the United States Department of Education (USDE). Postsecondary schools that receive Title IV funds must be accredited by an agency that is officially recognized by the USDE. Click here for additional information. Contact COE (www.council.org) for more information.
ACS WASC does not accredit for-profit postsecondary non-degree granting institutions. The Senior College and University Commission accredits institutions offering the baccalaureate degree and above. The Accrediting Commission for Community and Junior Colleges accredits associate degree granting institutions.
Visit Evaluation Form: Following the self-study visit the principal or head of school should complete the Accreditation Visit Evaluation Form. Note: this form is confidential and the information provided will not be given to the visiting committee team.
Follow-up: Ongoing Accreditation Process
- ACS WASC POLICY: Revised action plans are to be submitted to ACS WASC no later than six weeks following the visit.
- Annual Follow-up for Schools: Training Recording | Training Presentation
Other Visit and Report Materials
- ACS WASC Mid-cycle One- and Two-Day Visits: Procedures| School Progress Report Template
- ACS WASC Mid-cycle Progress Report (On-site visit not required): Procedures| School Progress Report Template
- ACS WASC Probationary Visit: Procedures | School Progress Report Template
- ACS WASC Progress Visit: Procedures| School Progress Report Template
- ACS WASC Progress Report: Procedures | School Progress Report Template
- Substantive Changes: Procedures | Substantive Change Explanation Form