ACS WASC/ACSI Visiting Committee Materials
Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)
Typically, one or two ACS WASC members serve on joint ACSI (www.acsiglobal.org) Visiting Committees. ACS WASC members serve as integral members of the visiting committee and work collaboratively with ACSI to evaluate the school utilizing both ACS WASC criteria and the ACSI standards.
One of the important responsibilities of the ACS WASC member is to assist in the team’s understanding of whether or not the school is effectively addressing the ACS WASC criteria. ACS WASC members work with the rest of the visiting committee in determining the status recommendation, which is then submitted with necessary supporting documentation to both the ACS WASC Commission and ACSI’s Commission for final action regarding joint accreditation status. Please see the attached memo for additional information on the role of the ACS WASC-Appointed Joint Visit VC Member.
The material below are for self-study visits, visit the Other Visits Visiting Committee Materials page for other types of visits.
Templates, References, and Samples
- ACS WASC/ACSI Documentation and Justification Statement Template (Word doc)
- ACS WASC/ACSI Accreditation Status Determination Worksheet (PDF Format)
- Reference Card 1: Procedures/Responsibilities of Visiting Committee Members
- Reference Card 2: Tips: Gathering, Reviewing, Analyzing Data/Information
- Reference Card 3: ACS WASC Focus on Learning Schoolwide Criteria
- Reference Card 4a: Sample Quality Commendations and Recommendations
- Reference Card 4b: Tips: Commendations and Recommendations
- Reference Card 5: ACS WASC Accreditation Status Determination
- Reference Card 6: ACS WASC Criteria Guide Questions
- Reference Card 7: ACSI Standards Alignment with ACS WASC Criteria
- ACS WASC/ACSI Visiting Committee members are asked to attend ACSI training; if ACSI training is not available members should attend ACS WASC training.