This page features the protocols and processes that define our work with postsecondary schools that are affiliated with ACS WASC. The information listed below should be helpful as schools seek ways to improve the quality of the educational programs they offer to their students. The ACS WASC self-study process is a powerful tool for schools to use as they endeavor to serve students and staff more effectively.
ACS WASC is pleased to partner with the Council on Occupational Education (COE) for postsecondary schools that either currently receive or plan to receive Title IV funds from the United States Department of Education (USDE). Postsecondary schools that receive Title IV funds must be accredited by an agency that is officially recognized by the USDE. Click here for additional information. Contact COE (www.council.org) for more information.
ACS WASC does not accredit for-profit postsecondary non-degree granting institutions. The Senior College and University Commission accredits institutions offering the baccalaureate degree and above. The Accrediting Commission for Community and Junior Colleges accredits associate degree granting institutions.
Other Visit and Report Materials
Postsecondary schools participate in a comprehensive self-study and on-site visit when first affiliating with ACS WASC and every six years thereafter. If, as a result of the self-study and subsequent on-site visits, it is determined by ACS WASC that the school is not meeting ACS WASC standards, there may be additional reports and on-site visits to monitor the school’s progress in correcting issues that have been identified.
- Mid-cycle One-day Visit: Procedures| School Progress Report Template
- Mid-cycle Two-Day Visit: Procedures | School Progress Report Template
- Probationary Visit: Procedures | School Progress Report Template
- Progress Report: Procedures | School Progress Report Template
- Special Progress Visit: Procedures | School Progress Report Template
- Special Visit: Procedures | School Progress Report Template
- Substantive Changes: Procedures | ACS WASC Substantive Change Form
- Third-Year Progress Report (On-site visit not required): Procedures | School Progress Report Template